Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"Sit, Walk, Stand" Week 1

Alrighty, y'all. (Yes, I use y'all now, all the time. I've been in SC for almost 7 years now!)

The book is called "Sit, Walk, Stand" by Watchman Nee.

Tiny little book, huge topic. I hope it challenges you as much as it has me.

Since Skype isn't working for most of you I thought blog might be the best way to all communicate together. Let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas. I'd love to continue doing Bible studies together so we need to figure something out. I will type up an overview, our "homework" and hopefully some study questions to get us started. Then we'll try to do most of our communication in comments. We'll try it and see how it works.

Sit, Walk, Stand is based on Ephesians. Did you all get my text about reading over Ephesians and noting anything that jumped out at you or impacted you?
Next, read over Ephesians again and mark all the conjugations of the verbs "sit," "walk," and "stand." The NIV (New International Version) does not translate "walk" instead it has "live." I believe the NAS (New American Standard) has "walk." Blueletterbible.org is an awesome online Bible study tool especially if you want to make sure you don't miss a word. It compares translations and can show you everywhere in the Bible a word is used.

Do you all have the book? Now would be a great time to read the Intro.

Finally, here is your chance to share with us your notes and thoughts on Ephesians! Please, lots of comments. I believe you can get notifications every time someone else comments so we can respond to each other. Next week, let's aim for Tuesday again, we'll start with Chapter 1.

I'm excited, I hope this works out!

Love y'all!
Cass

5 comments:

Maggie said...

So, I'm not finished reading Eph. I plan on finishing this week, I'll start the intro as well. And yes, I'm a total slacker.

Unknown said...

Definitely not a total slacker! I was encouraged to read through Titus last week (about 1/8 the size of Ephesians) and I haven't finished yet :-p

Unknown said...

I haven't finished reading Eph but have started Sit, Walk, Stand and am totally engrossed.

Unknown said...

I haven't finished reading Eph yet. and i will definatly read the intro im so excited.

Unknown said...

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who is still reading Ephesians :) I will try to finish this week and I will read the intro as well.